Tasting the Olive Garden’s Alfredo sauce is perhaps an honor for someone who loves a cheesy and creamy treat. As most of us love this taste, there would hardly be anyone who does not like this rich sauce. The good news is that the Alfredo sauce recipe is so simple that you can make it at home.
Alfredo Sauce Recipe
With just a few ingredients that are not hard to get, you can add it to a keto or a gluten-free diet. The sauce is free of gluten, as it has no flour as its ingredient. It is actually optional to have it. You can easily replace it with cheese to thicken the sauce.
As there is no flour, this recipe is also keto-friendly. This is appealing to those who are on a low-carb diet. Moreover, this Alfredo sauce recipe can have the desired level of thickness, as you can add more Parmesan to make it thicker.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 5 mins
- ½ cup butter.
- 2 cups whipping cream.
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese.
- 4 ounces cream cheese.
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning.
- ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
- ½ teaspoon grated garlic.
- ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Add whipping cream, butter, and cream cheese to a saucepan.
- Cook the mixture on a medium heat and whisk such that it melts.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to it.
- Keep whisking until the mix becomes a smooth paste.
- Finally, add the Parmesan cheese.
- Let it simmer and keep cooking until the mixture becomes thick or up to around 3-5 minutes. The sauce is ready to be tossed with macaroni or penne.
This Alfredo sauce recipe is perhaps the creamiest and softest homemade recipe to consider. Just try and taste it!