Has your mouth ever watered at the thought of a chocolate chip cookie? What about a caramel cookie with caramel filling oozing out the middle of one? That actually sounds better, if that is even possible, and that is what we are here to cook today with Salted Caramel Cookies.
Salted Caramel Cookies Recipe
It is such a simple concept, and yet it goes so far in terms of delicacies with that made-at-home feeling. How exactly could you make a Salted Caramel Cookie at home, though?
In order to make 36 Salted Caramel Cookies, you will need certain ingredients. They are as follows:
- Two sticks of butter;
- A tablespoon of salt;
- Three-quarters cup of powdered sugar;
- A cup of brown sugar;
- A tablespoon of baking soda;
- A large or extra-large egg;
- A tablespoon of vanilla extract;
- Three cups of all-purpose flour;
- 10 to 12-ounces of salted caramel baking chips;
- 4.51-ounces of 18 rectangle caramels – such as Werther’s soft caramels
- Coarse sea salt. You could also use kosher salt.
Of course, you want to try to get the freshest ingredients possible.
In order to combine these ingredients, you must do as follows:
- Prepare a 350 degree F oven.
- Mix butter and sugars until light and fluffy, before adding egg and vanilla and mixing well once more. Scare the bowl with a spatula.
- Mix the flour, salt, and baking soda in a second bowl, and, after a minute, add this mixture into that of the first bowl.
- Add the baking chips, setting some aside to top the cookies. Mix them gently on low speed for around half a minute; however, if the dough is crumbling, add a tablespoon of milk, and mix.
- Use a baking sheet after coating it with cooking spray to hold the cookie dough balls. Altogether, there should be 12 small cookies or 8 large cookies in the tray.
- Press half a caramel in the center of each ball.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. After baking, sprinkle with salt. Allow it to cool for a minute on the tray, and then you may transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely. Altogether, it should take about a week for the product to rest in an airtight container before formally serving.
If the caramel is chewy, warm for 10 seconds in the microwave before serving.
So, Who won’t love a Salted Caramel Cookie to eat?
See also: Eggless Sugar Cookie