Red Velvet Ice Cream Recipe – First appearing in the 1800s and then the Great Depression, red velvet is well-known for its reddish color. It usually is recognized as a cake and has now been baked into several forms like cupcakes and brownies. Basically, red velvet is just chocolate but with added vinegar and plenty of red dye.
Red Velvet Ice Cream Recipe
Nowadays, with the creativity of dessert aficionados, red velvet ice cream has been introduced. Hence, for all red velvet lovers out there, you can now add this recipe in your favorite list.
One way to enjoy your much loved sweet flavor is in a form of ice cream, and red velvet pretty much has not been left out. The following are the ingredients of a red velvet ice cream:
- An 8-ounce package of softened cream cheese.
- A cup of heavy cream.
- A tablespoon of salt.
- A cup of whole milk.
- Three fourth cups of sugar.
- A tablespoon and a teaspoon of red food coloring.
- A tablespoon of cocoa powder.
To ensure a perfect red velvet ice cream, carefully follow the simple steps below:
- Using a high-powered blender, mix the cream cheese, heavy cream, whole milk, sugar, red dye, cocoa powder, and salt together until a smooth mixture is achieved.
- Pour the mixture in a bowl.
- Place the bowl inside the fridge.
- Chill for a maximum of 2 hours.
- Pour chilled mixture into an ice cream maker.
- Start making the ice cream. (Follow instructions according to the ice cream maker’s manufacturer.)
- Freeze the end product overnight.
You can also spice up your red velvet ice cream with some sweet sprinkles on top or a wafer stick at the side. Another option is to place it in a waffle or sugar cone. There are plenty of ways to make your dessert experience more fun and exciting with your favorite red velvet. Do some additional research to achieve your dream sweets.