The paleo diet might seem restrictive to many, but it actually provides plenty of options for gourmands. Some of them require proper planning and lots of time in the kitchen, while others are simple and direct. When it comes to paleo chicken tenders, you know you just cannot go wrong.
Paleo Chicken Tenders Recipes
Everyone loves chicken tenders. It is a child-friendly recipe that will be done in no time. However, you will find multiple varieties, which normally depend on each chef’s preferences. Find out what truly works for you and go for it. All in all, here are two of the most popular recipes on the market.
Baked Paleo Chicken Tenders Recipe
This recipe is inspired by the American cuisine. It is quite common in New York and brings in lots of protein, a delicious taste and plenty of nutrients. From start to end, the whole job should not take more than 25 minutes. The actual cooking time goes up to 20 minutes, while the first 5 minutes are all about preparation.
This recipe is excellent for lunch or dinner. It is based on baking and can serve up to four people.
- 1 egg.
- ½ cup almond meal.
- 1 teaspoon paprika.
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder.
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut.
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper.
- ½ teaspoon sea salt.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast.
- Ideally, you should get the chicken breast cut into strips. If you cannot find it like this, do it yourself. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees while you prepare the ingredients.
- Combine the cayenne pepper, garlic, sea salt, coconut, paprika, black pepper and almond meal in a bowl and stir for a couple of minutes until you obtain an even texture.
- Grab another bowl, crack the egg into it and whisk for a few seconds.
- Take one chicken tender at a time through the egg bowl, let the excess drip for a few seconds and then dip it into the mixture you made first. Make sure each tender is fully covered in both bowls.
- You should have a baking pan nearby. Parchment paper is a must, but you can also use a wire rack. Using a wire rack will give you paleo chicken tenders a crispier feel.
- Bake for around 20 minutes, but flip the tenders after 10 minutes. After 20 minutes, they should have a golden brown appearance. Let them cool for a bit and you can serve them.
This recipe only brings in 275 calories.
Italian Paleo Chicken Tenders Recipe
This recipe for paleo chicken tenders needs 10 minutes for the preparation and 12 minutes for the cooking part. It is enough for eight servings.
- 1 cup almond flour.
- 1½ teaspoons garlic salt.
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning.
- 2 large eggs whisked.
- ½ teaspoon paprika.
- 3 tablespoons tapioca starch.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- 1/3 cup coconut oil.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken tenders.
- Heat ¼ cup coconut oil for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare a mixture of tapioca starch, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, almond flour, salt, and pepper. Whisk the eggs in a different bowl.
- Dip each tender into the egg first, then cover it in the almond mixture.
- Place all tenders into the hot oil. Fry for around 5 minutes and flip each piece after 2 minutes. Add the remaining coconut oil as it vanishes.
- During the last minute, sprinkle paprika on top of the chicken.
This recipe counts 316 calories.
While there are plenty of recipes for paleo chicken tenders, these two seem to be the most popular ones – successfully tested and tried by most paleo dieters.
See also: Chicken Kabob Recipe