Oreo Poke Cake recipe – If you love the Oreo cream cookies and poke cakes, you are bound to love its combination too. Further, if you add a vegan touch, the outcome will be a healthier version without compromising the taste and the flavor.
Oreo Poke Cake Recipe
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
- 1 chocolate cake mix (1.75 cups all-purpose flour, 1.75 cups sugar, half cup cocoa, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/3 cup non-fat dry milk powder, 1 tablespoon vanilla extract, and 1 teaspoon fine salt).
- 20 crushed Oreo biscuits.
- Half cup whole milk.
- ½ cup vegetable oil.
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk.
- 4 oz pudding mix meant for cookies.
- 8 oz whipped topping.
- Whisk water, oil, and vanilla extract in a bowl such that it becomes a bit frothy. To it, add the remaining cake mix ingredients and combine it well by whisking vigorously.
- Bake until the mix looks a bit puffed and a clean knife comes out from the center after being inserted. Baking should last until half an hour. Alternatively, you can take a vegan readymade mix and bake it as per the instructions on the box. In addition, consider baking it using a big pan.
- Allow the baked output to cool for at least half an hour.
- Now, you start with the filling. With the help of a wooden spoon, make holes across the cake.
- Pour the sweetened milk across the cake such that most of it goes into the holes.
- Add the dry pudding mix and whole milk in one bowl.
- Whisk to mix it well.
- Stir in whipped topping to mix it further.
- Put 10 Oreos in a bag with a zip lock and close it.
- Use a rolling pin and smash the Oreos.
- Add these Oreos to the whipped topping.
- Gently stir the mix to combine everything.
- Spread the mix on the cake.
- Repeat steps 9-11 for the next 10 Oreos so that they can form the topping.
- Top it on the cake.
- Refrigerate the final cake for an hour.
- Serve the cake.
This beloved, health-friendly version of Oreo poke cookie is likely to steal the show! It is an ideal treat for celebrating special occasions.
See also: Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies