Everyone has doubtless had spaghetti and meatballs in the past, but have you ever thought about what that dish would be like if the meatballs are filled with cheese? It almost sounds like something a child would imagine, but Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs allow everyone to fulfill their childhood desires and eat meatballs filled with cheese!
Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs
They are absolutely filling, as one could imagine, and they could instantly become a classic at your table if you follow these simple directions.
View this post on Instagram
In order to make Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs, you will need certain ingredients. They are as follows:
- An egg;
- A teaspoon of salt;
- One and a half pounds of 85% to 90% lean ground beef;
- A third cup of breadcrumbs;
- Half a teaspoon each of dried oregano, pepper, and garlic junior;
- Two tablespoons of water;
- Cooking spray;
- Two tablespoons of chopped parsley;
- Half-inch cubes of six-ounces of mozzarella cheese; and,
- Three cups of warmed marinara sauce.
Of course, you want to try to get the freshest ingredients possible.
In order to combine these ingredients, you must do as follows:
- Coat foil with the cooking spray and line it on top of a preheated broiler;
- In a bowl, mix the beef, salt, garlic powder, breadcrumbs, egg, oregano, and pepper thoroughly. If the mixture is not smooth, add one tablespoon of water at a time until you obtain a smooth mixture;
- Roll about two tablespoons of this meat mixture into a ball, and insert a piece of cheese into the ball. Lay the meatball on the pan, and repeat until all the material has been used.
- Coat the meatballs with cooking spray, and broil the meatballs for around 10 minutes.
- After setting up the presentation of the meatballs on a dish, pour the marinara sauce over it with a bit of parsley.
Ideally, this dish should be served immediately after cooking it.
There is no getting around it. This dish is a meat lover’s dream come true. The funkiness of the cheese brings out the meatiness of the meatballs, and the fact that the cheese is contained within the meatballs adds much more to the dish. Of course, you should only eat this dish in moderation, but, if you want to treat yourself, Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs is the way to go.
See also: Ground Chicken Meatballs