How long does almond milk last? – In this article, you will get to know the answer and everything about the almond milk. You might not be aware of all the benefits almond milk as you might be hearing about it for the first time. But don’t worry, just continue reading this article.
What is Almond Milk?
The manufacturing of almond milk starts from the almond plant. The creamy milk gets the natty taste after it’s processed. It is beneficial for the one who hates the dairy product. The milk does not contain lactose nor does it contain cholesterol, this makes it be used in abundance.
The milk may be sweet or not, depending on the process of manufacturing. The vitamins and minerals enhance the quality of milk and are used in many dishes. This milk has many benefits compared to dairy products.
How to store almond milk well
The following guidelines shed some light on ways of storing almond milk.
Unopened almond milk
Check the container well
A different container has got various advantages and drawbacks, so know well which container will suit best for storing almond milk. Different almond milk manufacturing requires a different container to store the milk well. So, always ensure that the container you are about to use to put the almond milk must be appropriate. The container size should be enough so that the cap of the container gets tighten well.
Store it in a cold place
The milk requires a cool place and also the temperature of the room when you are about to keep the milk should not be more than 25 degree Celsius. High temperature and light can affect the quality of milk resulting into a bad color and taste. You can put the almond milk in the refrigerator as nothing is cooler and safer than it. A cool place ensures full security so that its mineral and vitamins remain intact.
See also: Buttermilk Substitutions
Opened almond milk
Keep the milk in the refrigerator
As the almond milk is more prone unlike any other milk, so it should be kept with utmost care and safety. Safety will ensure the milk is free from bacteria and insects. If the creamy taste of almond milk vanishes then it will no longer be safe for use. So, it’s better to keep this important point in mind.
Transfer the milk to the airtight pitcher
The container must be good enough so that no bacteria or insect propagates down the almond milk. This countermeasure will help you out if you have mistaken earlier.
Now you know how to keep safe and secure the almond milk without losing all the creamy taste. All the tips for the unopened and opened almond milk are very beneficial as you will never have problems related to almond milk. Also, go to another website for more or extra information.
How Long Does Almond Milk Last? – Know about the shelf life of milk
The almond milk also has got a limit or the expiry date and is mentioned below. The rate of boiling of the almond milk is about 280 degrees Fahrenheit.
- For unopened almond milk, the expiry is approx. six to eight months. They are sealed tight using the lids.
- For opened refrigerated almond milk, the expiry is approx. Seven to ten days.
- For opened almond milk at room temperature, the expiry is approx. Less than seven hours.
- Lastly, for homemade almond milk, the expiry period is about two to three days.
If the almond milk exceeds the given limits, then it will get spoiled automatically. This can cause health-related problems and illness if one drinks or uses it in making dishes recipes. Now you know when does almond milk go bad? So, always ensure you use milk which has not expired.
See also: How long does coconut oil last?
How to know the milk has gone bad
This simple procedure which is given below will help you identify milk that has gone bad. You can easily determine just by looking the carton, whether the milk has gone bad or not. A certain amount of bacteria and the insect will accumulate around it. This is a perfect and clear sign that you can no longer use the almond milk.
- The almond milk will smell foul and smells sore. You just have to smell the milk, and this will let you know about its condition. A pungent smell can be experienced if the milk is left exposed for a longer duration.
- The almond milk will gradually become thick if it gets affected because of the external environment or the surrounding. If you see the almond milk with this consistency, then do not use it for making dishes as it will cause harm to your body.
- If you see a certain amount of lumps in the milk, then they may be a sign that you cannot use it anymore.
- Affected milk can be easily distinguished from the normal milk as it tastes get discarded and no more holds the creamy taste and texture.
Top health benefits
- Almond milk is great as it helps to reduce the level of blood pressure.
- The milk can maintain the health of your heart and keep you safe from the heart diseases and attacks.
- The almond milk is very beneficial as it helps to strengthen the muscles. This keeps the bones and muscles fit and fine.
- It also improves the kidney health.
We have provided all the information about almond milk. Also, we hope this article answer your question of “How long does almond milk last?”