Instant Pot Brisket Recipe – A brisket is traditionally known as a Jewish food. It is a piece of meat that is sliced from the lower chest or breast of a beef or veal. Since the brisket portion contains a lot of connective tissue, it then needs to be properly cut and cook in order to tenderize. This cut meat can be cooked in several ways, and the most common methods of cooking are slow and moist cooking.
Instant Pot Brisket Recipe
In this recipe, you will learn on how to prepare and cook an instant pot brisket. This mouthwatering dish will definitely be included in your most loved recipes list. No more eating briskets in restaurants and no more wasting of more money as this instant pot brisket will positively taste like the ones you have tried in your favorite food place.
Listed below are the ingredients of instant pot brisket:
- Four to five pounds of flat cut brisket (the fat cap should be trimmed to 1/8 inch)
- For the rub:
- Three and a half tablespoons of smoked paprika.
- Three tablespoons of brown sugar.
- Two tablespoons of kosher salt.
- One and a half tablespoon of garlic powder.
- One and a half tablespoon of onion powder.
- A tablespoon of ground black pepper.
- Three-fourth teaspoons of chipotle chili powder.
- One and a half teaspoon of ground cumin.
- Three-fourth teaspoons of ground coriander.
- A teaspoon of oregano.
- One-third teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
The brisket must be cut in a proper way. Failure to slice it correctly will result in stringy cuts of meat instead of being tender. You can ask the meat vendor to cut it for you, or if you prefer to cut in on your own, do your own research about this or ask an expert.
The following are the steps in preparing and cooking a perfect instant pot brisket:
- Combine all the rub ingredients in a bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Apply and cover the rub mixture on the brisket.
- Place the brisket on a clean baking sheet.
- Cover it with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for a maximum of eight to twelve hours.
- Cook your brisket depending on your preferred cooking method below:
For instant pot cooking:
- To fit in the instant pot, cut your brisket in half.
- Place the half-sliced brisket in the pot on a wire trivet, positioning the fat cap on top.
- Place the remaining half.
- Add one cup of water to the pot.
- Cook at high pressure for about 75 minutes.
- Allow a natural pressure release for about 15 minutes.
- Finally, manually release the remaining pressure.
For slow cooker:
- Place the brisket inside the slow cooker.
- Cook for about eight to nine hours on a low heat until tender.
- Remove the cooked brisket.
- Place it on a clean baking sheet.
- Apply and cover your preferred barbecue sauce on the brisket.
- Put it under a broiler until the sauce caramelizes. You can also finish it off on a grill.
Make sure to follow the time of refrigeration and cooking process. Strictly following the number of hours and minutes will ensure a tender and well-cooked instant pot brisket.
The instant pot brisket is a heavy dish that will surely fill your empty tummy. This particular recipe can only cater to small numbers of people (3 to 5 people perhaps). If you want to cook one for small and large gatherings, you can adjust the recipe.
Make sure to precisely calculate the ingredients and number of hours. This instant pot brisket also has heavy nutritional contents per serving: 1,157 calories, 477 calories from fat, 82% total fat, 150% cholesterol, 82% sodium, 71% potassium, 2% total carbohydrates, 4% dietary fiber, 302% protein, 26.9% Vitamin A, 0.3% Vitamin C, 5.9% calcium, and 83.2% iron.
See also: Best Instant Pot Cookbook