If you don’t know how to reheat crab legs, it is about time you find out! Let’s take a closer look at some ways of reheating crab legs.
Most of the crabs are available in the cold water in the country. Ordinarily, the crabs are steamed or boiled right as they are landed to maintain its fresh peak or their quality. Also, you can boil or steamed such crabs on the boat after you caught from the frigid water then blast-frozen to balance their quality.
Thus, you never need to cook them as you just need to reheat gently. Almost every method of reheating is good, but baking or steaming makes it harder to overlook the tender legs. Let’s learn how to reheat crab legs.
How to Reheat Crab Legs – #1. Steaming
As said above, you can either choose or steaming or baking process to reheat your crab legs. Let’s know steaming method of reheating crab legs-
- Step-1: first, thaw the snow crab legs in the refrigerator for a full night for food safety. If you do not have enough time to thaw the crab leg on the refrigerator, then you can place the legs on cold running water for 20 minutes. Wait until the thick part of leg gives slightly if you squeeze it. Now drain the crab legs thoroughly.
- Step-2: take 1 to 2-inch water inside the pot and insert the steamer inside the pot. When the insert is submerged the eliminate it and make 3 or 4 egg sized balls of foil. Replace in the pot.
- Step-3: take the pot to the stove top and allow it to boil. Now lift off the lid for avoiding billowing steam and then drop the leg clusters into the pot. Now, replace the lid and wait for the steam formation again.
- Step-4: steam the crab legs until the legs are hot all the way. It requires fairly 8 to 10 minutes. Now, remove the crab legs from the steamer and serve immediately. Now you can enjoy reheated or steamed crab legs.
How to Reheat Crab Legs – #2. Baking method
Instead of steaming crab legs, baking is quite a common process of reheating crab legs-
- Step-1: the first process is similar in as you need to place the crab legs in the refrigerator for a night to maintain the safety. On the other hand, you can place the legs in the running water for 20 minutes.
- Step-2: maintain the temperature of the oven at 450 degrees Fahrenheit and place the heavy duty aluminum foil and you can double the foil for additional strength on the counter.
- Step-3: arrange the crab legs on the foil and tightly fold up the edges and make a tight seal.
- Step-4: bake your crab legs at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes till the legs heated all the way then serve it immediately.
You should use the electrical steamer that can hold 2 or more clusters of crab legs. Keep the thing in mind that the steamer cleaning is a difficult process. Thus, you should use a simple electrical steamer. On the other hand some herbs you can add into the water to get the flavor into the crab legs.
These both methods are best to reheat the snow crab legs. You can choose either steaming or baking method to reheat the crab legs. Other reheating methods also you can prefer if you do not have steamer or oven.
See also: How to Reheat Fried Chicken