Iced Caramel Macchiato – Everybody loves Starbucks. If you adore coffee so much that you always opt to drink one three to five times a day, then you are a certified coffee addict. But of course, consistently buying this beverage in a coffee shop can drain your wallet faster unless you are abundant with money.
The most loved Starbucks serves a variety of coffee from hot and cold brew to espresso to blended Frappuccino. One of their most popular espressos is iced caramel macchiato.
Now, what would you do if you can make this drink in the comfort of your home? There are a number of recipes that copy the menu in Starbucks, and iced caramel macchiato is no exception.
Homemade Iced Caramel Macchiato
In this article, you will learn how to make this beverage using only five ingredients with five easy steps. You can now finally enjoy this beverage without the need to spend a lot.
Listed below are the five main ingredients of an iced caramel macchiato:
- Four teaspoons of vanilla syrup.
- One and a half cup of (2% reduced-fat) milk.
- Two ounces of Espresso (For best results, use macchinetta).
- Caramel sauce to sprinkle on top.
For the vanilla syrup, you can also substitute it with homemade simple syrup or agave syrup. While for the milk, you can use whole milk, vanilla soy milk, or nonfat milk. Ghirardelli Caramel Sauce is highly recommended for the caramel sauce, but you can simply buy this sauce in Starbucks, E-bay, and supermarkets.
The following are the five simple steps in making homemade iced caramel macchiato:
- Pour vanilla syrup in the cup. (The amount of syrup added will depend on the size of the cup: 2 teaspoons per 12 ounces cup; three teaspoons per 16 ounces cup; and four teaspoons per 20 ounces cup.)
- Add the milk on top of the syrup at least filling in half of the cup.
- Place the ice.
- Pour down the espresso. (The amount of espresso added will depend on the size of the cup: 1 ounce per 12 ounces cup; 2 ounces per 16 ounces cup; and three ounces per 20 ounces cup.)
- Finally, pour the caramel sauce on top of everything.
If you prefer a sweeter beverage, you can adjust the amount of your vanilla syrup and caramel sauce.
While you may drink iced caramel macchiato every single day, it is still important to know the nutrition facts of this drink, especially if you are conscious of your health.
This homemade iced caramel macchiato contains (amount per serving) 110 calories, 54 calories from fat, 9% total fat, 15% saturated fat, 6% cholesterol, 3% sodium, 8% potassium, 3% carbohydrates, 12% protein, 4% Vitamin A, and 21% calcium.
See also: Dark Roast Coffee