It is an open secret that fish like tuna tends to be considered healthy. After all, the Japanese have a long average lifespan, and fish is the staple of the Japanese diet. Of course, if you add cheese, Mayonnaise, and whatnot to that tuna, it starts becoming not-so-healthy, but the Healthy Tuna Casserole is certainly a dish that aims as much as possible to be healthy while being delicious. Which recipes actually manage to achieve this healthiness, however?
Healthy Tuna Casserole Recipe
We recommend this recipe to work towards that desire. People have certainly talked about how the Healthy Tuna Casserole has contributed to the happiness within their families. If you do want to cook this dish, you will need the following:
- Four cups of cooked whole grain noodles;
- One and a half cups of cream of mushroom soup;
- A cup of sliced mushrooms, carrots, and zucchini; and,
- Two cans of tuna.
The tuna should not be salted, and you should break up the tuna with a fork.
See also: Zucchini Substitute
In order to combine these ingredients to cook this dish, you must
- Boil the noodles until they become tender and strained;
- Stir the vegetables, homemade soup, and tuna together in a bowl; and,
- Finally, combine all the ingredients in a casserole dish and bake it for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
Then, you have a wonderful Healthy Tuna Casserole to serve to your family and friends.
Given the obesity epidemic in the United States, many people do certainly want to try new healthy dishes. A lot of the times, the quality of taste becomes sacrificed to that end, and naturally, that hampers efforts by people to eat more healthy food. With this dish, however, there does not seem to be such a trade-off: it is both healthy and delicious.
See also: How Salmon taste like?