Healthy Mashed Sweet Potatoes – Recent studies have found that sweet potatoes have more positive health benefits than white potatoes. This type of potato has more contents of vitamin A, vitamin C, and fiber and fewer calories and carbohydrates.
Healthy Mashed Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Hence, when choosing a good side dish or dessert, you can opt for healthy mashed sweet potatoes. Moreover, if you need a healthier dish, you can actually substitute the sugar ingredient with honey. So brace yourself, a healthy mashed sweet potato recipe is coming your way.
Switching to a healthier lifestyle is challenging especially when it comes to food. For the most part, the healthier the food is, the lesser the appeal of its taste. That is why having a healthy yet delicious meal is a bonus for health enthusiasts. The following are the ingredients of a healthy mashed sweet potato:
- Three medium-large peeled and cubed sweet potatoes.
- Two tablespoons of butter.
- Two tablespoons of honey.
- A half teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- A half teaspoon of salt.
For best result of the healthy mashed sweet potato, carefully follow the instructions below:
- For 10 to 15 minutes, boil the peeled and cubed sweet potatoes in a pot until soft.
- Place the softened sweet potatoes in a colander to drain the water.
- Place the cooked sweet potatoes in a pan.
- Add honey, butter, ground cinnamon, and salt in the pan.
- Mix everything until smooth.
- Adjust the amount of salt added to the mixture depending on your preferred taste.
On a side note, you can also try different ways of making healthy mashed sweet potatoes. Some recipes include garlic as one of the ingredients, while some use sour cream and butter instead of cinnamon and honey.
You can also opt for an additional healthy ingredient like a finely cut fresh parsley and green onion in the mixture. For more healthy mashed sweet potatoes recipe, you can do more research about it.
See also: Can You Freeze Potato Salad?