Fiesta Lime Chicken Recipe – Let’s take some time and look at the mouthwatering cuisines served in Applebee’s. Indeed most of their dishes are luscious yet to some extent expensive. When you find yourself craving for some of their specific cuisines but do not have the budget for it, it’s best to just stay at home and find some ways to satisfy your hunger. That is why there are a lot of recipes that copy some of the items in Applebee’s menu.
Fiesta Lime Chicken Recipe
One of their popular dishes is “Fiesta Lime Chicken”. This dish costs between $10.00 and $15.00, depending on the restaurant’s location. This Fiesta Lime Chicken version is brilliantly customized with melted cheese and pico de gallo on top.
In order to achieve the desired taste of Fiesta Lime Chicken, make sure to buy and prepare the following ingredients for the marinade and sauce.
Found below are the ingredients of marinade:
- A cup of water.
- One-third cup of teriyaki sauce.
- A juiced lime.
- Three cloves of minced garlic.
- A teaspoon of liquid smoke.
- A half teaspoon of garlic salt.
- One-fourth teaspoon of ground ginger.
- Two pounds of boneless and skinless chicken breasts filets (4).
Found below are the ingredients of the chicken sauce:
- One-fourth cup of mayonnaise (reduced-fat mayonnaise OK).
- One-fourth cup of plain Greek yogurt (or sour cream).
- A teaspoon of Cajun seasoning.
- One-fourth teaspoon of dried parsley.
- One-fourth teaspoon of Tabasco Sauce.
- One-eighth teaspoon of dried dill weed.
- One-eighth teaspoon of cumin.
- A cup of shredded Colby jack cheese.
- Pico de gallo.
Preparing and cooking the Fiesta Lime Chicken may need some effort and patience, but this is to be expected from such an amazing dish. Please follow the instructions carefully below:
- Mix water, teriyaki sauce, juiced lime, minced garlic, liquid smoke, garlic salt, and ground ginger.
- Immerse and marinate the chicken in the mixture for at least two hours.
- Mix the mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, Cajun seasoning, dried parsley, Tabasco sauce, dried dill weed, and cumin. Afterward, cover and chill until ready to use.
- Heat oven beforehand to broil.
- Grill the marinated chicken until well-cooked (or grill each side for 5 to 10 minutes), and discard the marinade.
- On a clean baking sheet, place the grilled chicken.
- Brush all sides of grilled chicken with reserved dressing.
- Sprinkle the grilled chicken with cheese.
- Broil the grilled chicken for 1 to 3 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Before serving, topped chicken with pico de gallo.
For the Tabasco sauce, Chipotle Tabasco Sauce is great for this recipe. On the other hand, if you are very particular with the nutrition facts of this Fiesta Lime Chicken recipe, you may use nonfat Greek yogurt as an ingredient for this recipe, while using nonfat sour cream is not recommended.