Eggless Sugar Cookies – It is a common belief that eggs are important in making chewier and richer cookies. This is due to the composition of the egg that increases the building structure of a cookie.
Hence, for individuals who are not allowed to consume eggs due to some medical conditions, this can be very frustrating. For this reason, lots of bakers have been doing their best to create a perfect eggless sugar cookies recipe.
For those who are allergic to eggs or who just happen to dislike eggs, this recipe will suit you. In making eggless sugar cookies, you will need the following ingredients:
- A half cup of sugar.
- Two cups of butter.
- Two tablespoons of milk.
- Two teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- One and a half cups of all-purpose flour.
- One and a half teaspoons of baking powder.
- One pinch of salt.
- One eight cups of sugar for the topping.
When mixing these ingredients, the following steps should be followed:
- Heat oven beforehand to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a bowl, mix sugar and butter well until they get fluffier. (Make sure butter is soft enough to whisk).
- Mix vanilla and milk to the sugar/butter mixture.
- In a different bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Using a spatula, combine the two mixtures.
- Add extra flour until mixture gets soft.
- Form 12 pieces of uniform-sized balls.
- Flatten to a thickness of about a half to 2/3 inches
- Cover one side of each flattened ball of dough with sugar.
- Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Wait until the bottom parts of the cookies are lightly golden.
Eggless Sugar Cookies – Recipe Notes
If you want to increase the taste of vanilla in your cookie, you can be flexible in the amount you want to add in the mixture. You can also do some tweaking in your eggless sugar cookies recipe. Just make sure to do some extra research about it.
See also: Eggless and Vegan Bisquick Waffles