Crockpot vs. Slow cooker – A slow cooker is nothing but a type of electrical cooker that cooks food items by simmering it on the comparatively low heat. On the other hand, you can find crock pots in the market that are popular among the people. The crockpot is just a type of slow cooker which was designed by the Rival Company in 1971.
Crockpot vs. Slow Cooker – Difference & Similarities
In the crockpot, the food is heated to the temperature just below the boiling point. Thus, it helps to cook stew, soup, desserts, as well as dips. Keep the thing in mind that the crock pot is just a brand of a slow cooker. To understand crockpot vs. slow cooker, read the content below.
The term slow cooker and the crock pots are used interchangeably but some differences you can find between them. Some of the major difference you can see above in the overview of the slow cooker and crock pots.
If talking about differences in detail, the slow cooker is a generic name which is a type of electrical cooker where the food is cooked at the low temperature though it takes much time. On the other hand, the crock pot is just a type of a slow cooker, and it is not generic i.e. it is just a brand name owned by the Jarden Consumer solution.
Another major difference you may find is the difference in the pot. A slow cooker can be made of ceramic, Teflon or stainless steel. You can either choose ceramic coated or stainless steel coated pot. On the other hand, the crock pot is made of ceramic material. There is a slight difference in the result of stainless steel and ceramic coated cooker. Thus, you can choose according to your need.
See also: Teflon vs. Ceramic
Instead of dissimilarities, both crock pot and slow cooker are best to prepare soup, desserts, bread, and others including beverage. Both the items include heating source, a lid, a pot and the temperature regulator.
Overview of a slow cooker
- It is an electrical type of cooker.
- A slow cooker is a generic name.
- The pot can be coated with Teflon, stainless steel or ceramic material.
- Various manufacturing companies you can find in the market.
- It includes a pot, a lid, heating source and the temperature regulator.
- It is best for soup, bread, dessert, and other recopies including stew.
Overview of a crock pot
- It is specific kind of slow cooker namely crock cooker available in the market.
- Crackpot is just a brand name.
- The brand name owned by the Jarden consumer solution.
- Usually, ceramic coated layer is used in the pot.
- Similarly, it includes a lid, a pot, heating source and the temperature regulator.
- You can prefer crockpot for stew, soup, and desserts.
Now, you can understand about a slow cooker and crock pots. Both are quite similar. You can choose according to your need. The affordable price range slow cooker and crock pots are available in the market. Take the one which best meets your requirements. Also, read the manufacturer’s instructions before using such items. Also, prefer ceramic coated pot and pan that delivers extra benefits.
See also: Ceramic vs. Stainless Steel Cookware