Chicken Kabob is a grilled chicken that has been skewered with wooden or metal skewer. Usually, on each segment before the chicken meat, there are vegetables such as bell peppers, onions, even sliced pineapples.
After the chicken roasted, usually some people add some sauce or seasoning they like, such as BBQ sauce, sweet soy sauce, or homemade sauce to improve its flavor. Chicken Kabob is perfect for an outdoor occasion like camping, backyard BBQ and so on. So if you’re having occasion but low on budget, chicken kabob is the best choice.
Chicken Kabob Recipe
This Chicken Kabob recipe by Average Guy Gourmet via Youtube
- Chicken 4 lbs.
- Adobo 1 tbsp.
- Sazon 2 pack.
- Oregano 2 tsp.
- Olive oil.
- BBQ sauce.
- Cut chicken into pieces about 1-inch cubes and put into a bowl for marinade.
- Add olive oil, oregano, and adobo to the bowl.
- Mix it until all covered.
- Add 2 packs of Sazon and mix it.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap.
- Put it in the fridge for 1-2 hours to let the seasoning absorbed.
- Start the grill with medium heat.
- Place marinated chicken to skewers, be sure to pierce the middle part.
- Grill chicken for at least 15 minutes.
- Apply BBQ sauce to the skewers, coat it equally.
- Chicken Kabob is ready to serve.
If you don’t have Adobo or Sazon, you may use seasonings like chicken or meat stock powder, though it won’t be as accurate as this recipe. You can also sprinkle some lime when roasting to give the chicken sour flavors. For marinating, the longer it’s in the fridge, the better it tastes because it will let the seasonings absorbed well. When roasting, make sure the meat part is cooked.