There are plenty of ways to make a sandwich, but if you want a heavier and juicier one, you can try this chicken cordon bleu sandwich recipe. Remember that this recipe needs a little bit of effort and patience; hence, you should follow all the instructions carefully.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwich Recipe
In the end, rest assured that all your hard work will be paid off as this chicken cordon bleu sandwich will definitely take your breath away.
The following are the ingredients of the chicken cordon bleu sandwich:
- A butterflied chicken breast.
- A cup of buttermilk.
- A cup of flour.
- One-fourth teaspoon of salt.
- One-fourth teaspoon of pepper.
- Cooking oil.
- Two onion buns.
- Four slices of swiss.
- Eight slices of Black Forest deli ham.
- A half tablespoon of sweet hot mustard.
As mentioned, making a chicken cordon bleu sandwich needs a lot of patience, time, and effort. But if you follow all the instructions well, the end product is guaranteed to make you smile. Found below are the instructions on how to make a chicken cordon bleu sandwich.
- Brine the butterflied chicken breast.
- Mix chicken and buttermilk in a ziplock and refrigerate for 48 hours or overnight.
- Ensure that the chicken is well-soaked in buttermilk.
- Mix flour, salt, and pepper in a separate dish.
- Remove chicken from the brine and drain the excess liquid.
- Alternately cover the chicken with flour mixture and then with buttermilk. (Do this twice).
- Using a pan, heat cooking oil to 360 degrees, enough to cover the chicken.
- Fry chicken in the pan for 10 minutes until the insides are well-cooked and the outside is crispy. (Flip the chicken if needed.)
- Remove the chicken from the pan, and place it on a clean paper towel.
- Sprinkle small amounts of salt.
- Turn on the broiler and start making your sandwiches.
- Wipe mustard on the insides of the onion bun.
- Place ham on one side of the bun and cheese on one side of the other.
- Place everything in the broiler until ham is crispy and cheese has melted.
- Add the chicken in the middle of the buns, and then close. Now, you can serve your sandwich.
This chicken cordon bleu sandwich can be a little messy and unhealthy, but there’s nothing wrong with it as long as you don’t consume one all the time. After all, you know you deserve to treat yourself with luscious meals once in a while. So sit back, relax, and enjoy this recipe.
See also: Chicken Base