Caprese Salad Cherry Tomatoes – Many people enjoy the sharp juiciness of cherry tomatoes within a salad, but some people also want a sort of heaviness to counteract the briskness of the fruits and vegetables within the salad as well. Chefs usually satisfy this desire by adding meats, such as chicken, but one alternative is to add balls of mozzarella, which some would argue is healthier.
Caprese Salad Cherry Tomatoes Recipe
The funkiness of those balls of mozzarella does add a lot more weight to the flavor of the dish, and that is exactly what you get with a Caprese Salad with Cherry Tomatoes.
We recommend this recipe if you are looking to make a Caprese Salad with Cherry Tomatoes. In total, you will need the following:
- A pint of halved cherry tomatoes.
- Eight-ounces of drained mozzarella cheese.
- A quarter cup of chopped basil.
- A quarter cup of balsamic vinegar.
- A tablespoon of honey.
Of course, all these ingredients should be as fresh as possible.
The directions really should not take more than 10 minutes, and you do not really need much cooking experience to make this dish. You must
- Cut the balls of Mozzarella into a manageable size: you want to be able to put at least both a tomato and a ball in your mouth at once;
- Put the tomatoes, the balls of Mozzarella, and the chopped basil into a bowl;
- Mix the balsamic vinegar and the honey in a separate bowl;
- Pour the mixed liquids over the contents of the first bowl; and,
- Finally, lightly mix all the ingredients together.
As you can see, Caprese Salad with Cherry Tomatoes is quite a simple dish, but sometimes simplicity can be much more delicious than convolution.
See also: Side Dishes for Lasagna