The Boursin cheese recipe was created and discovered by Francois Boursin in 1975. Originally this type of cheese was sweet and buttery, but due to its widespread popularity, there are now a number of various savory flavors added in the recipe. The Boursin cheese now has five different flavors such as garlic and roasted red pepper; pepper, shallot, and chive; garlic and fine herbs; light garlic and fine herbs.
Boursin Cheese Recipe
The Boursin cheese is popular due to its versatility as it can be added to a lot of recipes like scalloped potatoes, pasta salad, and other chicken recipes. It can also be used as a dip and spread for crackers and toasted bread. The Boursin cheese is usually difficult to find at some convenience and grocery stores. It is usually available at supermarkets and gourmet stores that have specialty cheese counter. You can also find this cheese in online stores such as Amazon and eBay.
However, if you want to spare yourself with the hassle of looking for your best Boursin cheese and spending a lot of money, you can opt to make one in the comfort of your home. Now, indulge in this Boursin cheese recipe that will definitely make your foodie life easier and better.
With the versatility of this cheese, rest assured that this Boursin cheese recipe will be one of your favorites. All the fresh and healthy herbs included in the cheese add to its enticing flavor and aroma. The following lists are the ingredients included in the Boursin cheese recipe:
- Sixteen ounces of room temperature cream cheese.
- Eight ounces of room temperature, unsalted butter.
- A half teaspoon of kosher salt.
- A half teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Three tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese.
- A teaspoon of dried dill weed.
- A half teaspoon of dried marjoram.
- A half teaspoon of dried basil.
- One-fourth teaspoon of dried thyme.
- A half teaspoon of dried chives.
- A half teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.
- A tablespoon of dried parsley.
This all-around, delicious cheese is easy to prepare. Just add and mix all the ingredients and refrigerate it. The Boursin cheese will last for about one to two weeks if tightly sealed and refrigerated. Listed below are the cooking instructions of Boursin cheese recipe. Carefully follow the 6 simple steps to ensure a successful preparation and tasting experience:
- Add cream cheese and unsalted butter in a food mixer bowl. Mix well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.
- Season to taste.
- Place the end product in an airtight container. As much as possible, ensure that there’s little to no air inside the container.
- Refrigerate the container.
- Serve at room temperature.
You can actually adjust all your seasonings like salt, pepper, and herbs depending on your preferred Boursin cheese taste. If your taste buds are new to this type of cheese, expect a smooth and creamy texture which your mouth will surely enjoy. To know more about this food’s nutrition facts, the following are the contents of this Boursin cheese recipe (per serving)—14.9% Vitamin A, 0.1% Vitamin C, 4.2% calcium, 0.7% iron, 4% protein, 1% potassium, 9% sodium, 21% cholesterol, 60% saturated fat, 32% total fat, 203 calories, and 189 calories from fat.