Best Wood Pellet Grills – Wood pellet grills come with a series of benefits over traditional indoor grills. Most importantly, you can use them outdoors. If you have a backyard, barbecuing will become your favorite activity, especially as you can always have some friends over. The best part about outdoor barbecues is the actual experience. The food is only a massive bonus.
Top 4 Best Wood Pellet Grills
When not sure what to buy, most specialists recommend going through the best wood pellet grills. It’s better to just choose a well-rated product from a well-established company, rather than go with some random grills. Now, what are the best selling items and what makes them so special?
#1. REC TEC Wood Pellet Grill
This model from REC TEC Grills comes with one major advantage over its competition – the smart grill technology. Practically, despite the outdoor use, it can still maintain a perfect temperature between 180 and 500 degrees Fahrenheit. It can be adjusted manually in 5 degree increments.
The cooking area measures 19.5×36 inches – quite enough for big families and groups of friends. Even if you live alone, it’s still worth having more than you need. The hopper capacity goes up to 40 pounds. As for the unit itself, it’s quite heavy, yet it comes with wheels for an easy transportation.
In terms of design and performance, the grill is powder coated and porcelain finished. Not only it looks good, but the finish will also resist high temperatures and maintain its looks in the long run.
- The smart grill technology ensures a deep and even cooking result.
- Maintaining the right temperature is a piece of cake.
- The grill can be moved around due to its wheels.
- The finish looks good and can resist high temperatures.
- It comes with a ceramic igniter.
- The ignition rod is not the best quality.
- It's heavy.
#2. Traeger TFB65LZBC Grills Texas Elite
Traeger is known for producing some of the best wood pellet grills on the market. This model makes no exception either. It will make you forget about charcoal or gas. Instead, wood will smoke your food better and provide a deeper aroma.
The unit is quite versatile and allows multiple types of cooking. For example, you can go ultra hot and get it done right away, but you can also opt for low and slow cooking. Simply put, you have six different options – braise, grill, roast, bake, smoke, and barbecue.
The temperature controller is digitally integrated and allows a frame of 20 degrees Fahrenheit. Just turn the dial and give it a few minutes. As for the grilling space, you have 646 square inches. To get an idea about the size, you can prepare 25 burgers, 10 ribs, and 5 chickens at the same time.
- The temperature can be kept at a constant level.
- It has a big grilling area – excellent for families and small parties.
- There are six cooking modes.
- It looks traditional and old fashioned.
- It's easy to move around.
- Some accessories must be purchased separately.
- The finish could be more durable.
Related: Rec Tec Vs. Traeger
#3. Z Grills Wood Pellet Grill & Smoker
This model is also considered as one of the best wood pellet grills and will most likely draw attention with its beautiful classic appearance. However, its performance is more important and not to be overlooked either. The smart smoke technology is certainly a plus.
Adjust the grill and forget about it, as it will maintain the temperature by itself between 180 and 450 degrees Fahrenheit. The grilling area is massive – 513 square inches. It’s enough for a few dozen burgers, over five chickens and plenty of ribs. The hopper capacity goes up to 20 pounds.
As for grilling modes, you can choose between bake, sear, char-grill, grill, smoke, roast, barbecue, and braise. The grill has a large storage compartment for pellets and it comes with a set of wheels for easy transportation.
- It can keep the temperature at a constant level between 180 and 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- It has a huge hopper capacity and grilling area – ideal for parties too.
- It comes with locker caster wheels – both stable and easy to move around.
- There are eight cooking modes.
- Food features a unique aroma.
- Assembly is a two-person job.
- Given its weight, moving it on grass is hard.
See also: Best Grill Smoker Combo
#4. Camp Chef SmokePro DLX
Camp Chef’s grill is based on traditional features and a classic appearance, as well as a few bells and whistles that will make your job easier. The ignition is electronic and automatic. You can start it within seconds, even on low temperatures.
Keeping the temperature constant is also simple. Choosing the right temperature is intuitive. You have a dual LED temperature display. It shows two measurements – the food temperature and the inside temperature.
When it comes to smoking, the pellet dispenser is automatic. Just make sure it’s full and it will dispense pellets by itself. The smoking area covers 6×24 inches, while the grilling area goes up to 19.5×22 inches. In terms of maintenance, the ash cleaning system is unique and will make your job easier.
- Starting the grill is easy even on cold weather.
- It displays both the internal temperature and the food temperature.
- It has a large grilling area.
- Pellets are dispensed automatically.
- It's easy to operate.
- It must be assembled, yet assembly is not so difficult.
- The temperature gauge and go a bit finicky after too many uses.
As a short final conclusion, choosing one of the best wood pellet grills on the market will certainly take your cooking experience to the next level. Moreover, these models come with extra features for convenience and versatility, as well as the possibility to cook outdoors for family, friends, and neighbors.
See also: Masterbuilt Electric Smoker