Most steaks will be cooked on a grill, but some of them will come from a kitchen. There are a lot of differences. When cooked on a grill, juices will leave the steak so it will get a crust and it will get the taste we all like. When it is cooked in a kitchen, it will contain the juices so it will be softer and obviously different. Now you will learn the best way to cook steak indoors.
You will need
- porterhouse or rib eye (1 pounds).
- Vegetable oil (peanut oil works perfectly).
- 3 tablespoons of butter.
- 2 cloves of garlic.
- 4 springs thyme (optional).
- The first step is to add salt and pepper to the meat and place it on a rack and then in a freezer. You will have to do this at least 12 hours before cooking time. The idea is for the meat to absorb both, pepper and salt.
- Take it out from the freezer and place it on a kitchen top. Leave it for 60 minutes. The goal here is to unfreeze the meat so it doesn’t stay frozen in the middle. If it stays, you will get a steak that is cooked on the outer sides but frozen inside.
- Now we must sear both sides. Place the steak in a frying pan, the one made of cast iron will be the best option. Keep in mind that before actually placing the steak, you should add oil to the pan. Leave it on one side for one minute and then flip it over. Sear the side and repeat with the other side. When flipped, a steak should have a golden color.
- You will have to flip the steak every 30 seconds. This is a secret of getting the most appealing and delicious crust we all like.
- Add butter on one side and leave it until it gets brown. Then repeat the process with another side.
- The last step is to leave the steak to stay for 5 minutes. If you start eating it immediately, you will lose the juices from it and this isn’t something you want to do.
Grain and Grass-fed beef: What are the differences?
The best way to cook steak indoors will depend on the type of a steak you will use. Here we can see two options. The first one is grass fed and a second one is grain fed beef. We definitely prefer the grass-fed beef.
First of all, you will get more vitamins and minerals. More omega 3 fatty acids as well and the flavor is better. This may be the top secret to know and to use as soon as possible. Precisely the better taste is something to look for in this case scenario. After all, you are going to need the best flavor overall, so you will need grass-fed beef.
Look for beef which is layered as USDA. Yes, it may be more expensive than grain-fed beef, but you will get more benefits.
See also: How to cook London Broil on the Stove