Best Large Air Fryer Reviews – Air fryers come as an innovation in a world where more and more people adopt healthy diets. Known as one of the most dangerous ingredients in the kitchen, oil is slowly ditched away due to its high amounts of processed fats. Given the fact that it’s also associated with incurable diseases, the necessity of air frying doesn’t need any introductions.
Top 3 Best Large Air Fryer Models
But then, finding the best large air fryer can be a bit daunting with so many options out there, not to mention the average buyer’s lack of experience. There are, indeed, some front runners that dominate the market. That’s what you have to focus on, rather than some random companies that no one has ever heard of. So, what are the best selling air fryers out there and what are their main features, pluses, and minuses?
#1. Big Boss Oil-less Air Fryer
Available in multiple colors but with the same features, this air fryer from Big Boss is one of those models that allows you to keep an eye on the food at a glance. It’s transparent, so you won’t have to take the container out every once in a while. Sure, in an ideal case, you would never have to do that, but chances are you will until you get used to it. It comes with a triple cooking power based on convection, infrared and halogen heat.
The two trays represent another innovation because you can cook two dishes simultaneously. Frozen food stands no chance either. You don’t have to thaw it or give it a few hours, but put it straight in the fryer. Despite its 1,300 watt power, it’s energy efficient, as it can cook food up to three times faster than other units in this segment. It saves both time and money.
- It cooks faster than other units in its segment.
- The container is transparent.
- Controls are straightforward.
- It comes with two trays to cook more dishes simultaneously.
- It can cook frozen foods without being thawed first.
- Users will need some time to become familiar with all the features.
- Cleaning can be challenging at times.
Related: Big Boss Air Fryer Review
#2. NutriChef Air Fryer
NutriChef’s model is the best large air fryer if you’re new to this technology or you simply want an alternative solution to traditional cooking. Operating it is a piece of cake. Put the food inside the fryer, decide on the temperature and time, then press the start button.
You don’t need any manual or instructions. However, as you gain experience, it pays off taking advantage of all the features. This unit can broil, bake, steam, defrost, barbecue, grill, and roast with no problems at all. It can take all kinds of meat, while the frozen food doesn’t have to be thawed first.
The temperature will be tricky at first, as cooking times are not similar to deep fryers. Keep an eye on the food or you risk burning it. It’s only a matter of time until you get used to it.
The fryer is based on the infrared convection technology, which adds to the efficiency of your meals. It’s a healthy choice because oil is not needed at all. Moreover, the air circulation is concentric, so the food is evenly cooked on all sides. Some people choose to sprinkle or spray a little oil, mostly for crispiness. It’s a personal choice though.
- It comes with multiple cooking modes, including a defrost option.
- There is no need to thaw frozen food upfront.
- It's easy to use.
- The maximum time setting is 60 minutes.
- It features a large 13+ quart bowl.
- Instructions are not too clear, yet you're less likely to need them.
- The timer was reported faulty in a few products, but it was an isolated issue.
See also: Power Air Fryer Reviews
#3. Healthy Choice 10 Quart 1300W Air Fryer
Healthy Choice’s best large air fryer comes with a sleek futuristic design that can easily become the focal point in your kitchen. Its performance is not to be overlooked either. It has 1,300 watts of power and a maximum internal temperature of 445 degrees Fahrenheit – more than enough for most meals. Given the turbo air technology, cooking is fast and even. Forget about oil. The technology is based on an infrared heating system, as well as a 360-degree rotating solution.
Sure, you’re not going to stare at the food while it cooks, but the transparent container is a plus. It will take a while to understand how much to cook your food because it’s different from a deep fryer. Therefore, keeping an eye on food can prevent burning it. Just look at it every few minutes and open it if the food starts changing its color. The container can take 10 quarts of food – suitable to singles, couples, and families.
The digital control panel is simple to use without any instructions at all. Apart from a suggestive image, each button is also accompanied by text, so you know precisely what it does. Even if this is the first time you use an air fryer, you’ll know exactly what to do first and how to set the appliance up.
- It comes with a futuristic digital panel and intuitive controls.
- The transparent container allows you to check food at a glance until you understand how the temperature works.
- It comes in a sleek design.
- Multi-functional - boil, bake or fry, among several other modes.
- It has a large capacity - 10 quarts.
- It takes a while to get used to cooking times.
- This model can't handle heavy food too well, so the food in the middle may not be thoroughly cooked.
As a short final conclusion, choosing the best large air fryer is solely up to you. There are no doubts that an air fryer can make your cooking sessions healthier and less smelly. But then, you’ll have to determine what you expect from a fryer, then match its features to your needs.
See also: Best Oil-Less Fryer Reviews